Bill Turnbull @ Quiz4FREE: Doing our bit to save the
British Pub! Support our cause, go along to your local Pub Quiz.
Remember to check the
answers with another source! When compiling large numbers of questions,
mistakes can and sometimes do happen. Tip: A quick way to
check the questions and/or answers is to use Google.
'Like' us on
Geography Special Quiz
1. What is the capital of the Pitcairn Islands?
2. Which three countries have borders with Paraguay?
Argentina, Bolivia and Brazil
3. On which island is the world's largest deposit of natural
4. In which country is the city of Mercedes? Uruguay
5. In which state is the Australian seaport of Bunbury?
6. Which Chinese river is also known as the Hwang Ho? Yellow
7. The western part of the US/Mexico border runs through which
8. Which nation has the highest European capital city? Andorra
9. Which country was renamed on August 4, 1984 by President Thomas
Sankara to mean The land of upright men? Burkina Faso formerly
called The Republic of Upper Volta
10. The ruins of which ancient city are nine miles from Tunis?
11. If the flag of the Cote d'Ivoire (formerly Ivory Coast was
turned upside down which country's flag does it become?
12. What is the longest river entirely in France? Loire
13. What body of water separates Australia and Papua New Guinea
14. You have all heard of the guns of Navarone but what country was
Navarone in? Turkey
15. What is the major seaport that serves Mexico City?
16. Which Pacific island at eight miles square in the smallest
independent republic in the world? Nauru
17. Which canal links the Baltic to the Caspian Sea? Volga-Don
18. What is the world’s largest inland island? Manitoulin
Island in Canada
19. Name the five different nations/territories that are within, or
partly within, the Iberian peninsular? Spain, Portugal,
Andorra, France, Gibraltar
20. There are 193 member states of the U.N. of which 6 begin with D
name as many as you can for a point each? Democratic People's
Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark,
Djibouti, Dominica Dominican Republic
View our You Tube intro here:
Quiz4FREEintro And PLEASE share it with your contacts. Thanks.